The Northern Territory Principals’ Association is:
A viable, independent, credible professional association
Recognised as a key stakeholder in Northern Territory Education
Committed to the application of the National Professional Standard for Principals
To be the voice of Quality School Leadership in the Northern Territory
Statement of Intent
- NTPA will support members to grow professionally and personally throughout their leadership journey by:
- Providing opportunities for collegiality and sharing of professional practice.
- Providing professional and personal support.
- NTPA will effectively represent members in educational policy development and implementation by:
- Consulting with and engaging members;
- By meeting regularly with key stakeholders;
- Influencing DoE and Government policy development and implementation.
- NTPA will be an effective advocate for education and the Principalship (principals and assistant principals) by:
- Actively celebrating and promoting education at Territory, national and international levels.
- Proudly and actively promoting the Principalship and school leadership as a dynamic, proactive and inclusive professional association.
- Having a strong public voice in educational debate in the Northern Territory.